The Almyrida Resort, as an eco friendly hotel, is operating with green in mind. In recent years in many touristic destinations, overexpansion of infrastructures and development has caused a negative impact on the environment. In the Almyrida Resort we consider sustainability as a top priority, not only for our own establishment but for the area of Almyrida, a place of natural beauty.
- 80% of our conventional bulbs have been replaced with energy saving bulbs.
- Natural gas is being used for cooking in our kitchens, limiting the use of electricity, with a more environmental friendly source of energy.
- Our gardens are automatically watered at night, to maximize the amount of water actually used for watering and to eliminate the loss of water due to heat during day.
- We measure twice a day locally the quality of water in the pools, and once a month further chemical tests are made by a certified laboratory
ROOMS & GUESTS:
- Rooms are equipped with key cards, shutting down electricity and heating/cooling when guests are not in the room. For hygiene reasons, only the fridge is not affected.
- Heating / cooling units do not operate if the balcony doors are open.
- We encourage guests to re use their towels, and place them on the bath/shower/floor when they want to change.
- Kitchen oils
- Plastic, paper & aluminum using the dedicated recycling bins of the public authorities and “DEDISA”
- Glass is brought to Nearby Glass Blowing Factory in Kokkino Horio. We also encourage guests to visit the premises.
- batteries, in cooperation with “AFI”.
- Unused / non functioning electronic devices are recycled through our partner suppliers.